[arch-general] Bind 9.6.1-1 patched against dynamic update ddos?

Fredrik Eriksson fredrik.eriksson at gigabit.nu
Wed Jul 29 11:06:55 EDT 2009

Hi,
I've seen that there's a dynamic update ddos attack that is widely
available on the net and after looking for the solution it seems that
bind's latest patch (9.6.1-P1) solves this problem.

So my question is more like this, is extra/bind 9.6.1-1 in the
repository the same as bind 9.6.1-P1?
The build date of the current package in extra/ says the 18 July but the
homepage of BIND says the latest patch was published the 28 July.

Best regards
Fredrik Eriksson