[arch-general] Run commands as user once network is up (NetworkManager)

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Jul 29 17:57:24 EDT 2009

I'm currently using NetworkManager's ability to run scripts once the
network is up[1], but that seems to only be on a system level.  Is
there some way of also running scripts/programs as the logged in user
once network is up?

Especially I want to start dropbox only when the network is available.
 It seems completely incapable of coping with a network that appears
after it's been started.

/M

[1]: I've put a short script in /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/ that
will start and stop openntpd when the network goes up and down.