[arch-general] autogen.sh now fails building radeonhd - m4_pattern_allow -- how?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Jul 30 12:45:15 EDT 2009

Listmates,

	I have been working with the radeonhd folks for several months testing the radeonhd driver. I have probably built the driver 50 times over that period. In the past few days, something changed so I can no longer run the autogen.sh script. The error is:

09:46 alchemy:~/archlinux/apps/radeonhd> sh autogen-autoconf.sh --prefix=/usr
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13: warning: underquoted definition of AC_CHECK_LIBREISERFS
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: running: libtoolize --copy
libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.ac and
libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros in-tree.
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13: warning: underquoted definition of AC_CHECK_LIBREISERFS
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
configure:1583: error: possibly undefined macro: _m4_text_wrap_word
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

	I have searched and I can't figure out what the error is. The radeonhd source is from:

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-radeonhd radeonhd/

	The simple autogen.sh script is:

#! /bin/sh

srcdir=`dirname "$0"`
test -z "$srcdir" && srcdir=.

ORIGDIR=`pwd`
cd "$srcdir";

rm -rf autom4te.cache
autoreconf -v --install || exit 1
cd "$ORIGDIR" || exit $?

"$srcdir"/configure --enable-maintainer-mode "$@"

	Anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?? I have the needed macro packages installed:

m4 1.4.13-1
xorg-util-macros 1.2.2-1

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.