[arch-general] ext3 driver for windows

Alessandro Doro ordo.ad at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 18:18:36 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 03:47:17PM -0600, Sergey Manucharian wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 23:26:29 +0200
> Rene Rasmussen <archlinux at paranoidix.dk> wrote:
> > I found the following to choose from:
> > Ext2 IFS and Ext2 FSD
> >
> > How is the stability. Did you have any trouble getting it to work?
>
> I use Ext2Fsd for long time (in read-only mode), it's pretty stable, I
> never had a problem with it.

http://www.fs-driver.org/relnotes.html: The current version of Ext2 IFS
only mounts volumes with an inode size of 128 like old Linux kernels
have.

Note that Arch Linux default inode size was recently changed to 256
(/etc/mke2fs.conf), so you have to manually specify a compatible inode
size when creating an ext3 file system to be read with Ext2 IFS.

Maybe Ext2fsd hasn't this limitation but I never used it.

You can also use the Ext2+/Reiser Total Commander plugin; the last
update should work with 256 byte inode size.

bye