[arch-general] 1080p playback

Paulo Santos paulo.r.santos at sapo.pt
Tue Jun 2 13:47:07 EDT 2009

Chris Bannister wrote:

> 8800GTS 640mb has a G80 core and doesnt support VDPAU accelleration,
> the G92 core which comes with the 512 varients does.

And it won't ever support it? It's a shame that such a good card can't
be used for at least a bit of processing.

I haven't tried Pierre's advice yet (thank you, by the way) because
somehow I screwed up my mplayer. Once I get it to work again I'll give
some feedback.

I must be able to play 1080p on this kind of computer or I'll cry. It's
only 2,5 years old.

Best regards and thanks for the replies,
Paulo Santos