[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] mkinitcpio 0.5.25, cryptsetup 1.0.6-3

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Jun 7 19:27:25 EDT 2009

Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Going into testing in a few minutes:
>
> mkinitcpio changes:
> - Finally fix a bug where required HID modules were missing
> - Add a new COMPRESSION option that accepts gzip, lzma and bzip2
> parameters (gzip is the default, the others are only supported on
> 2.6.30 and later)
> - Add a new poll_device function that waits for a block device to
> appear. This is used in the init function and the resume hook, with
> rootdelay as a maximum timeout (default to 10 seconds)
> - Remove the unmaintained and untested modload hook
> - Remove the runtime filesystems hook
> - Rework the code that checks whether a root device has been found,
> don't reboot when exiting the emergency shell, but try to continue.
> - Due to the new poll_device behaviour, the usb and fw runtime hooks
> are no longer required, remove them
> - Parse arguments to init properly, using the "$@" parameter from the
> commandline the kernel generated - also needs the new fix in the
> latest kinit from testing (this allows us to use init=/bin/sh again)
> - Adjust for the latest filesystem/module-init-tools changes
> - Fix an autodetection bug that would sometimes omit some filesystems

Many thanks.

The tests was done on VirtualBox (both i686 and x86_64 architectures),
because in my real machine use a custom kernel without initramfs.

* Images generations are OK.
* Boot OK normal and fallback images (default config).
* Also boot fine with the "init=/bin/bash" argument and "init=/sbin/init"

> cryptsetup changes:
> - Use poll_device when waiting for the encrypted device and the
> (optional) key container device (default to rootdelay), added
> conflicts=(mkinitcpio<0.5.25)
> - Add a warning if the deprecated root= syntax is used on the commandline

Not tested it.

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar