[arch-general] Stolen Logo

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 14:51:46 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 11:33:28AM -0400, Eduardo Romero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The first time I inform here that the Arch Linux newsletter is out,
> the June edition is a special one, it contains the article, about the
> stolen logo. So please, guys, go ahead and digg that article, so we
> get more coverage, I added the digg button cause I thought that would
> be the best way to get more media coverage for this issue. So I ask
> everyone to link to this newsletter on your respective blogs, not the
> newsletter as a whole, but the stolen logo article most importantly.
>
> http://www.archlinux.org/static/newsletters/newsletter-2009-june.html#stolenlogo
>
> Also submit to other news sites. Thanks.

I thought that this was interesting.

According to their web site (http://www.aceitutoring.com.au/page4.php), the
ACN (Australian Company Number) for Ace International Tutoring Pty Ltd is
119220996

The state in which Ace does business does not register trademarks themselves.
http://www.business.vic.gov.au/BUSVIC/STANDARD/PC_50028.html

So, I did a search for the ACN using ATMOSS at IP Australia from here:
http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/trademarks/search_index.shtml

The last Trade Mark to be lodged was 1302662 on 04-JUN-09
The last Trade Mark to be indexed was 1301846 on 29-MAY-09

1. Enter as Guest
2. Select Search->Advanced on the sidebar
3. Type in the ACN (119220996) near the bottom

It seems that Ace International Tutoring Pty Ltd holds no registered
trademarks. At least not since May 29th.

Searching Qantas Airlines (ACN 009661901) reveals 152 records.

This is just a bit of quick research

Cheers!