[arch-general] Openbox - great lightweight desktop, similar to icewm, but better in several regards

Damian rustyman at madasafish.com
Wed Jun 10 18:46:55 EDT 2009

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:02:39 -0400
Andrei Thorp <garoth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I think the big thing about using a tiling window manager is
> that it works best if you have a lot of terminals -- though reasonable
> ones (Awesome included) have a floating mode with regular windows with
> titlebars that is a lot like typical window managers.
>
> And yeah, shame but:
>  - Wmii isn't really developed any longer, which is too bad because
> people really loved it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -AT

Alot of people think this which a shame tbh, wmii is still being maintained
quite religiously. Have a look at google code
http://code.google.com/p/wmii/updates/list to see latest updates.
It's a superb twm, great sane defaults but slightly lacking in
documentation of any real depth, although a new wiki is being worked on.

--
Damian <rustyman at madasafish.com>