[arch-general] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.30-2

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sat Jun 13 05:05:32 EDT 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:19:24 +0200
Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> kernel26-2.6.30-2
> please signoff, both arches.
> And tell me your opinion about madwifi and openswan-klisp
>
> Upstream changes:
> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>
> Arch Linux bugfixes:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15067
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/14879
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/14485
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/14958
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/14958
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/14923
> -> #closing won't implement aufs doesn't work seperated!
>
> Arch Linux changes:
> - removed snd-pcspkr module #14958
> - changed to lzma kernel compression
> - removed dsdt patch, it doesn't work anymore, probably we can remove
> it forever. Please shout out loud, if you really need this!
> - remove rt2500 when moving to core repository
>
> Intel kms forum link:
> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=528543
>
> Remove binary modules from extra?
> Guys opinions on this?
> madwifi -> AUR # supported by ath5k and ath9k normally
> openswan-klisp -> AUR # broken since ages
>
> Enjoy have fun and give me feedback,
> greetings
> tpowa

What's the Arch policy on the new default mount options for ext3?
data=ordered (old, safe, slow behaviour)
or
data=writeback (new default, faster but riskier)

I read on http://lwn.net/Articles/328363/ that you can customize the
default setting.
Personally I'ld stick to ordered for at least until the new
data=guarded arrives but maybe that's just me.

Dieter