[arch-general] Package groups

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 13:44:30 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Biru Ionut<biru.ionut at gmail.com> wrote:
> Xavier wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Aaron Griffin<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yeah, as far as I know, this shouldn't happen, as it breaks "pacman -S
>>> gnome-extra" in a way
>>>

>> I don't think it is a problem. pacman will just ask for each repo if
>> you want to install the packages of the group, but it is fine.
>
> i didn't know that we aren't allowed. i will reverse

Well maybe it is indeed a problem after all, because it is not clear
from which repo the packages are picked from.

Besides that, it might not be a good idea in general that any repo can
add packages to group existing in core/extra.

So if the overlord says it is not allowed, it is fine and it makes sense :)