[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Assigning bugs proposal

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 14:44:27 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 15:12, Dan McGee<dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did the guideline for naming bugs with the [package] prefix end up in
> the relevant places? I know flyspray has a place for instructions, and
> I believe we have a wiki article as well.

It was in the header of every page in Arch Linux project on bugtracker
for long time,
but I think not more than 20% of users named reports that way,
and I didn't think about changing all report titles to that standard
(thanks for the work on renaming all open reports this way, Gerardo!),
but after a wiki page was created - there's no mention of [pkgname]
prefix anywhere.

I've added a short guideline:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Reporting_Bug_Guidelines#Summary
Please feel free to improve it, I'm a bad writer.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)