[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Kill old gcc versions

Dwight Schauer dschauer at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 19:43:08 EDT 2009

I'd have to agree with Jan on this one. The reason why packages don't
compile on the with newer compilers is generally because the code is
not standards compliant and needs fixing anyways. So the right thing
to do is fix the broken packages in extra and move on.  Then again,
I'm not an Arch Linux developer, so that is easy for me to say.

When I download some source tarball and try to compile it and it
fails, I never go try it with and older compiler. If it is a
application/library I really need, I patch it until it compiles.