[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Kill old gcc versions

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 03:00:54 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 04:14, Baho Utot<baho-utot at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 10:45 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>> Baho Utot wrote:

>> > Do you really want a list of all the packages in extra that are broke?
>> >
>> > There are lots of them
>> >

>> Filing a bug report means they will get fixed.  Not telling us about
>> them, means they will wait until an update or rebuild is needed.
>>
>> Allan
>>

> I can do that....if you can stand all the bug reports :)
>
> My script just finished and it found another 400+ that didn't build,
> that will take some time to go through to find the ones that didn't
> build because of gcc-4.4.0 errors :)

Packages that are already built don't really need immediate fixing
unless you build all your packages from source.
There are always some packages that cannot be built with current
gcc/glibc/kernel/other-deps,
but they work because they were built already some time ago.
When such package is going to be updated due to new version, for example
- either these errors are already fixed upstream, or some patching is
done to fix them.
So actually there won't be the need to fix all broken packages at one time.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)