[arch-general] KDE4.3 Beta - Rocks, still a bit rough, but very usable as a primary desktop

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Jun 17 10:16:37 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 08:16:54 ludovic coues wrote:
> If you are planning on moving to KDE4, wipe out KDE3 and install KDE4.
>
> I'm moving to KDE unstable atm. Koffice was complaining at the begin,
> so I've remove it as he want kde-base4.2
>
> I'll tell you if there is any trouble in the upgrade.

Thanks Lodovic!

	I have my kde3 tweaked to perfection, so I guess I'm just reluctant to wipe
the whole thing out. On the other hand, I could thrash the whole install and
not really care as it is just installed as a second OS on a completely
separate raid array on one of my servers. It is the install I used to first
setup Arch and configure it as a server to see how it would function as a
complete replacement for openSuSE on the box. (which it did flawlessly)

	If I was going to completely wipe out my kdemod3 install on that box before
re-attempting the kde-unstable install, How do I completely remove it?? pacman
-e kdemod3??

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC