[arch-general] KDE4.3 Beta - Rocks, still a bit rough, but very usable as a primary desktop [SOLVED]

Andrei Thorp garoth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 15:21:00 EDT 2009

Excerpts from David Rosenstrauch's message of Wed Jun 17 15:00:54 -0400 2009:
> Just my $0.02, but bad idea.  I'd think it's quite possible that you'd
> wind up with stray files hanging around by forcing pacman like this.
> It's never a good idea to leave system/app files hanging around that
> pacman doesn't know about, since you can wind up with weird file
> conflicts down the road.
>
> DR

Wouldn't it also leave a bunch of programs "installed" but possibly
broken/unused? Furthermore, doesn't pacman now think that two packages
are responsible for the same file in a bunch of cases? Wouldn't that
mean that if you then tried to remove the unused program, it steals
a bunch of the files that are used by another program? What a mess!
--
Andrei Thorp
Development Co-op
andrei.thorp at xandros.com