[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] + help needed readline rebuilds

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Jun 19 14:05:54 EDT 2009

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
> Aaron Griffin wrote:
>
>> So I finally pushed the core readline/bash packages to testing. The
>> reason it took so long was a) a mkinitcpio issue which was fixed a few
>> weeks in, and b) the fact that I couldn't keep up with the extra
>> packages in my limited freetime.
>>
>> So, I've just built the core packages, and put them in testing for a
>> signoff. These packages are:
>>
>> bash
>> readline
>> device-mapper
>> heimdal
>> inetutils
>> lvm2
>> sqlite3
>>

> Missing [core] wpa_supplicant for /usr/sbin/wpa_cli

And a fine grained shows thats device-mapper don't depends really on
readline and ncurses:

Is linked because is used by lvm2 pkg, for the tools/lvm.c.

$ ldd -u -r
/sbin/dmsetup

Unused direct
dependencies:

        /lib/libreadline.so.5
        /lib/librt.so.1
        /lib/libdl.so.2
        /lib/libncursesw.so.5
$ ldd -u -r /lib/libdevmapper.so.1.02
Unused direct dependencies:

        /lib/libreadline.so.5
        /lib/librt.so.1
        /lib/libdl.so.2
        /lib/libncursesw.so.5

Maybe can be remove the depend, and add to 'configure' for device-mapper
--disable-readline or forcing via LDFLAGS --as-needed ;)

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar