[arch-general] dmraid-1.0.0rc15 in testing, need you help on this!

Tobias Powalowski t.powa at gmx.de
Mon Jun 22 04:13:41 EDT 2009

I need to explain this a bit more:

If you start with empty disks, eg. 2 disks
I put them together in bios of raid controller.
After booting install media, which runs dmraid -ay during boot process, i get
something like that:
/dev/mapper/nvidia_fffadgic
because no partitions are there.

Now i cfdisk this device, are the nodes updated then?
- I mean do i get the /dev/mapper/vidia_fffadgicp1 p2 p3 autimatically or do I
  need to run dmraid -ay for every partition i created?
- Also what happens if partitions are deleted?

Thanks for some enlightment.
greetings
tpowa
--