[arch-general] portable player, usb plugging/mounting problems

Sergey Manucharian sergeym at rmico.com
Mon Jun 22 22:47:31 EDT 2009

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 19:58:28 -0300
"Guilherme M. Nogueira" <g.maionogueira at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a Sansa e200 portable media player and I'm having problems
> mounting it. It used to work, but I can't recall when (I have been
> listening to the same stuff for over 4 months now).
> I'm using arch i686 with core, extra, community, kdemod-core and
> kdemod-extragear  and updated system.
>
> The player has two modes, MSC and MTP. I always use it in Mass
> Storage Class mode.

Hi Guilherme,

A friend of mine has such a player, and he has problems mounting it in
Windows, but never in Linux :)

Thunar volman easily recognizes it, even if it in MTP mode. You may
want to turn on the "Hold" switch and hold the "Left" button
when inserting it in USB plug - just to check if there is a difference.
Tomorrow I will check the dmesg output with my friend's player and let
you know.

Cheers,
Sergey