[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Preparing for libjpeg update

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue Jun 23 00:44:19 EDT 2009

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
> Allan McRae wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This weekend should see the release of the first update for libjpeg in
>> several years.  Everything remains API compatible so this should be
>> just a simple rebuild...  of 130 packages from [extra].  That is too
>> many packages for any sane person and double the number of the
>> readline rebuilds so I will need some help. I will deal with the
>> packages that are needed as dependencies for many other packages
>> first. The full list is given below and I will create a TODO list
>> closer to the time so that we can keep track of what has been done.
>>
>> Given this is going to be a rather large rebuild, I will hold off
>> until the readline rebuilds are moved from [testing].  I guess these
>> can probably move before the weekend anyway.
>>
>> Allan
>>

>> Rebuild list:
>>

> <snip>
>
>> ruby
>>
> <snip>
>
> 129 :) Ruby don't depends on libjpeg

No, it is some ruby-<foo> package from community.  My script strips
version numbers off but gets confused by packages in [community] that do
not have the arch in the package file name...

> bah, 130 because there are two versions of wxgtk :P

And the 2.6 version is old and does not have the arch in the package
file name either...   Good spotting.  I really should fix that!

Allan