[arch-general] Default Applications -> WM -> Compiz -- Broken, Compiz will not start that way

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Jun 28 03:17:55 EDT 2009

Listmates,

	Compiz Fusion works fine on my laptop with kde-unstable when started with FusionIcon, but I cannot configure the control center setting of:

Personal -> Default Applications -> Window Manager -> Use a different window manager:

	Compiz custom (create wrapper script.....
  or
	Compiz

	The error message says the window manager failed to start reverting to kwin...

	Now compiz runs just fine on kde 4.3 (4.2.95-1) when started with FusionIcon, so it isn't a hardware/xorg issue. My question: "is this a kde or archlinux issue?"

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC