[arch-general] Archlinux on a virtualbox

Ed Jobs oloringr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 23:16:48 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 30 June 2009 03:02, richard terry wrote:
> I can't seem to find out how to set up a network on a freshly
installed
> virtualbox with archlinux.
>
> Any pointers to help appreciated.
>
> Richard

the Am79C973 adapter attached to NAT (default) works for me in
Virtualbox.

if you compiled your own kernel you need to enable the correnct
network device driver. it's an AMD <something> if i remember
correctly in ethernet 10 100.

if you are using the stock kernel, it's already enabled. all you need to
do is:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners_Guide#Wired_LAN
(and make sure that the /etc/rc.d/network is running)

--
If we could implement a physical system with the storage capacity
that matches the 128-bit address range of ZFS, that we would

			Dave Brillhart