[arch-general] Keyboad in KDE locks up

Leonid Grinberg lgrinberg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 19:35:57 EST 2009

Hello,

Every once in a while -- not too frequently to be unusable, but
certainly enough to be annoying -- the keyboard in KDE will simply
lock up. Mouse will still work fine, and keyboard inputs that don't go
through KDE -- switching to virtual terminals, resetting X via
<ctrl>-<alt>-backspace still work (and, indeed, resetting X and
logging back in is the only thing that fixes it). I can't see any real
pattern as to when this happens -- programs that I basically always
have running, though, are Pidgin, Firefox and keytouchd, as well as,
obviously, plasma, etc. I am running the vanilla KDE 4.2 packages.

Thanks in advance. This is really starting to become annoying.

--
Leonid Grinberg