[arch-general] xinput in ArchLinux

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 08:08:29 EST 2009

> Xinput isnt the one available here:  ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/utilities/
> The source is available here now, updated:
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/app/
> last release 15th of Jan 2009. I dont know how useful it is though.

I wan't aware that there was an old xinput too. So whatever was true
about the old xinput, it's probably not true anymore.

I've learned about xinput from the http://planet.freedesktop.org
agregator, latest entry is from Peter Hutterer
(http://who-t.blogspot.com/2009/01/tip-of-day-wheel-emulation.html).

So, basically, the xinput utility is the only way to query the X
servers input devices, list and change their properties.
It also seems to be used for the MPX functionallity (slowly entering
in the upstream xorg).

--
damjan