[arch-general] [arch-announce] Newsletter for March, 2009

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 12:12:54 EST 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Johannes Held <mail at hehejo.de> wrote:
> Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
>> I'm open to ideas as to how to fix this.
> The code which inserts the news into the database could also send that mail
> (and strip unwanted content).

That seems a little complex and confusing as now we need to add email
capabilities to website code, and then give that sender permission to
post on the announce list.

Naw, I prefer the more unixy way of "just use the output of ThingA,
pump it through ThingB" - in this case, and RSS feed through
rss2email.

And now that I look at it, it SHOULD be converting HTML to plain text.

Dusty, are we sending html content as text/plain content in these
feeds? That could cause the issue here