[arch-general] udev-139 and file permissions of /dev/net/tun

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Tue Mar 10 13:51:15 EDT 2009

Hi,

i use a script to prepare a bridged network for a kvm session and therefore i
have this line in /etc/udev/rules.d/01-attila.rules:

KERNEL=="tun", NAME="net/%k", MODE="0660", GROUP="network"

After upgrading udev my file permissions of the new persistent /dev/net/tun
looks so after booting up:

crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 10, 200  8. Mär 00:43 /dev/net/tun

I play with this lines in /etc/udev/permissions.d/00-my.permissions:

a) tun:root:network:0660
b) net/tun:root:network:0660

I reboot even after changing the line but there is no change. If i do
a "modprobe tun" there be the right permissions:

crw-rw---- 1 root network 10, 200  8. Mär 00:43 /dev/net/tun

So my questions is how and/or where can i control the file permissions of the
persistent devices from the new udev?

This is definitly not bad, i want more to know what i have overseen.-)

See you, Attila