[arch-general] udev-139 and file permissions of /dev/net/tun

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Tue Mar 10 15:22:29 EDT 2009

On Dienstag, 10. März 2009 19:49 Aaron Griffin wrote:

> If the default group of some of these devices should be changed (looks
> like tun should be in the network group by default), please file a bug
> report

Oh, i don't know if tun should have this permissions or if the file mask 666
is needed from another application. Until udev-139 this was my way and that
is the reason why i recognized it.

I'm only wondering that nothing from rules.d or permissions.d is used for
creating this device. The loop devices at example has the same permissions as
in /etc/udev/permissions.d/udev.permissions.

If this is bug i can write a bugreport but from my side it is not necessary
that everyone in arch use my setup.-)

See you, Attila