[arch-general] cpu usage very high after update...

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Mar 15 17:35:28 EDT 2009

Preston C. wrote:
> Interestingly, I rebooted again, this time not immediately after the
> update/upgrade, but after logging into KDE. Everything seems to be
> fine now, hopefully this problem will not come up again. Thanks for
> the help.

If you have problems again do a strace of the kded4 process, this
process normaly do a poll() of some sockets and pipes.

Also if appears again ensure that have a clean /tmp and /var/tmp/ ;)

For example, in normal execution, the poll interval is 5 seconds ( see
http://djgera.pastebin.com/f6c2ca1bc )

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar