[arch-general] weird messages

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Mon Mar 16 11:39:43 EDT 2009

My server's been getting a load of weird messages in my dmesg and log
files recently:

Mar 16 06:38:27 darsys9 kernel: ata4: EH complete

And sometimes also:

Mar 16 06:38:27 darsys9 kernel: ata4: EH pending after 5 tries, giving up

Anyone know what this is about and/or if there's some recent upgrade
that might be causing it?  I googled up some info about it (including a
thread about it on the Arch forum), but all the info I could find is
older and says that (at the time) the cause was a particular kernel
version, and that upgrading the kernel would make it go away.

But as I'm up-to-date with the current kernel, that's obviously not the
issue now.

Any info appreciated!

TIA,

DR