[arch-general] ArchLinux install CD for the blind, version 2!

Chris Brannon cmbrannon at cox.net
Mon Mar 16 18:37:31 EDT 2009

Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> This sounds realy nice. Is there some way to make it kind of optional so it=
> might be included in a future archiso image? Or does it take a lot of disk
> CD space?

It doesn't take much space at all.
It could be made optional, but the person using it would have to make
some selections at the boot screen.

> Did anyone tried this on a VirtualBox? It just hangs at boot for me.

I'm starting to get trouble reports,
and I'm at a loss.  It works beautifully on my hardware.  That goes for
both of my ISOs.  I even used the CD to install a basic system (core packages)
on a partition of my USB hard drive.
So I know it works just fine on real hardware.

Under VirtualBox, which part of the boot process is hanging?

PS.  I formatted my announcement and posted it to the Arch wiki:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archlinux_for_the_blind

-- Chris the confused