[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Scim and arphic fonts update in [testing]

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 16:04:40 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Eric Bélanger a écrit :

>>> Did anyone had time to test them yet?
>>>
>>> Eric
>>>

>> I just tested scim to input Chinese with pinyin method and it works
>> fine. I don't use the other scim-related pkgs. I have tested the Arphic
>> fonts rather superficially, but at first sight they are just ok (tested
>> in gedit and with xetex).
>>
>> NB: These TTC fonts won't be a problem for XeTeX users (xetex is part of
>> texlive-core), and other TeX users actually use the Postscript versions
>> of the same fonts that come with texlive-lang-cjk.

> I received other testers' reports by personnal email or the bug
> tracker (there was a couple of very minor bugs that were fixed last
> week: a scim problem with java clients and gnome-panel is now an
> optdepends for uim) and everything seems to be working fine. I've just
> moved the packages in extra. If there are problems, submit a bug
> report. Thanks to all the testers.

Apparently, there seem to be problems with the packages.

FS#13855 : this seems to be related the openjdk6  TTF collection issue
that I mentionnend in my first post. I'm waiting a response from the
reporter.

FS#13854 : This one I have no clue. If someone  familiar with the
packages could try to replicate that (ie using scim successfully
outside of gtk apps), that would be great.  At least we'll know if
it's indeed a package problem or a config problem on the reporter's
machine. If you can replicate that, any hints about what might be the
problem would be appreciated.

Please post your answer in the bug reports.