[arch-general] Ruby gem packaging guidelines

Michael Fellinger m.fellinger at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 06:53:13 EDT 2009

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 14:31:46 +0530
Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/3/21 Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com>:
> > I've made a draft of some packaging guidelines for ruby gems; anyone
> > care to comment or expand them?
> >
> > http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ruby_Gem_Package_Guidelines
> >

> Since ruby gems already have a specification file at
>  http://gems.rubyforge.org/yaml
> I made a gem2arch script [1] which takes the name of the gem
> and the version as parameters and produces a PKGBUILD.
> Unfortunately, the yaml does not have any license information,
> so manual editing is still needed.

Very nice, I've made a similar script, but it doesn't respect that naming
convention and ignores dependencies, thanks a lot!

My script can be found at http://p.ramaze.net/19811 - but I'll go through your
library and see what we can improve.
Rubyforge keeps track of the license, so for gems hosted there we might be able
to query that.

--
^ manveru