[arch-general] acl-2.2.47-1

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Mar 21 21:07:59 EDT 2009

Baho Utot wrote:
> Getting the following error building acl-2.2.47 in chroot
> using devtools
>
> == doc ===
> /bin/gzip --best -c < CHANGES > CHANGES.gz
> === po ===
> /usr/bin/msgfmt -o de.mo de.po
> /usr/bin/msgfmt: error while loading shared libraries:
> libcroco-0.6.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
> make[1]: *** [de.mo] Error 127
> make: *** [default] Error 2
>
> should libcroco be a dependency?

Two things here...
1) /usr/bin/msgfmt is part of gettext so if any missing dep is present,
it is for that package.
2) I had no problems rebuiling acl in a clean chroot for both arches
yesterday.  Something appears to be wonky with your gettext.

I'm guessing this is your own build version of gettext.  Try rebuilding
it in a clean chroot or install the Arch one.

Allan