[arch-general] /etc/fstab :no ext. hdd

Greg gt at fallendusk.org
Sun Mar 29 17:30:51 EDT 2009

Hi,

On arch, such things as adding external drives to fstab are left up to
the user :)

Just add a line for it.

/dev/sdb1 /media/externalhd ext3 user 0 0

Of course, change for the actual device name, filesystem, and desired
mount point. You may also need to change the mount options, but that
line works for my for my external he on my server.

As for the multiple cdrom entries, the second cdrom is actually your
DVD drive. (or vice-versa) I believe my laptop with an all in one
drive has two entries in fstab aswell.