[arch-general] Solved: VirtualBox

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Mar 30 10:30:01 EDT 2009

Manne Merak schrieb:
>> Well, first thing to try is upgrading Vbox.
>> 1.6 is quite old.
>> The latest version is 2.1.4 or something afaik.
>>
>> Dieter
>>

> Solved.  Enabled VT-x and disabled ACPI.

I don't have the possibility to enable VT, but I remember that Linux and
ACPI had problems sometimes in old VirtualBox versions. With the latest
version, it should work with ACPI though. Happy testing.

Sadly, many bugs that happen with Arch in VMs seem to only happen in
VMs, but never on real machines, this has improved in VirtualBox lately.