[arch-general] kde3 Error: Could Not Determine Resource Status - Kmail??

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon May 4 13:10:24 EDT 2009

On Monday 04 May 2009 10:34:05 David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. wrote:
> > 	Anybody see this before and more importantly, How do I fix it?
>
> Use Thunderbird?  :-)
>
> DR

I got it fix auto-mysterious-magically.... Yes, it was imap and I don't
exactly know what in the hell kmail was thinking. I suspect it had to do with
not having "subscriptions" running while kmail was accessing the imap/mbox
format server.

As for thunderbird, I have used it exclusively for years. When I installed
Arch on my laptop I thought I would take another look at kmail -- and wow, I
really like what I see. The most impressive part is the (I guess new)
kgroupware manager that makes it seemless to connect to my egroupware setup
via xmlrpc.

I have done the same with the "lightning" plugin in tbird in the past, but the
latest version of tbird isn't compatible with the lightning plugin anymore.

So all is good here. Now if I could just get the ATI card configured to work
with compiz, I would be golden. I don't hold out too much hope though, frame
rates with the radeon driver are 1/5 of what they were with the fglrx
driver :-(

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC