[arch-general] New vi/vim/gvim in testing requires intervention

bs bojan912 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 09:11:28 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Tobias Kieslich <tobias at justdreams.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Finally, the new vi* packages are up. There will be a little migration
> pain. For optimal results, I recommend to "sudo rm /usr/bin/{view/rview}"
> before you run "sudo pacman -Syu"
>
>        -T

hello,
as a linux newbie i am a little confused about the "sudo rm
/usr/bin/{view/rview}" command. typing it with the "{}"s does not
work, file or directory not found. am i supposed to delete
/usr/bin/view (which is a link)? i am probably missing something very
obvious, but before i mess up my system i rather ask.