[arch-general] New vi/vim/gvim in testing requires intervention

André Ramaciotti andre.ramaciotti at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:30:10 EDT 2009

At least here, vi can open non-ASCII files, but as I said previously,
it won't show the lines with non-ASCII characters. The worst thing is
if you try to save this file, vi will save it only up to the first
line with a non-ASCII character:

$ cat test.txt
This line is fine
mas essa não (but this one isn't)
neither is this one.

Then open it with vi and try to save it.

$ cat test.txt
This line is fine

and that's all.

Vi does crash, but only when I type a non-ASCII character.