[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] LZMA - in or out? ([signoff] libarchive 2.6.0 )

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue May 12 06:58:50 EDT 2009

Am Dienstag, 12. Mai 2009 12:31:19 schrieb Allan McRae:
> Overall, I'd prefer to spend my time getting pkg deltas working which I
> think is the better bandwagon to jump on...

Sure deltas are quite usefull, too. OT: The recent approach is to
automatically generate them within repo-add, right? So the uploader has no
need to care about.

I still think it's still woth it. Patching makepkg/devtools shouldn't be that
hard. And we don't need to chagne it tomorrow.

Also: if we'll have deltas we will need more disk space and traffic; using a
better compression should help a little.

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn