[arch-general] kdm3 crash on logout - no apparrent errors [Partially Solved]

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed May 13 05:03:05 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 12 May 2009 23:52:23 David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. wrote:

> *********************************WARN_ONCE*********************************
> File r300_mem.c function r300_mem_alloc line 225
> Ran out of GART memory (for 1048576)!
> Please consider adjusting GARTSize option.
>
> 	Dunno where the error is because it starts just fine and used to login and
> logout without crashing with the most recent kernel before the last kernel
> update. What should I try?

Listmates,

	Given the error, I made two changes to my xorg.conf for my laptop that seem
to have fixed/helped the problem. I added the following options to increase
the gart size and to switch to EXA accel instead of XAA and the last
logout/login worked great. The options were:

  Option       "GARTSize" "256"
  Option       "AccelMethod" "EXA"
#  Option       "XAANoOffScreenPixmaps" "true"

	I also commented the XAANoOffScreenPixmaps option. Time will tell if we are
fixed or if I just got lucky ;-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC