[arch-general] Option "XkbLayout" doesn't work?

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Wed May 13 16:01:46 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Sergey Manucharian <sergeym at rmico.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 May 2009 14:46:29 -0300
> Denis A. Altoé Falqueto <denisfalqueto at gmail.com> wrote:

>> There's some time now that X Window has a hotplugging feature. You can
>> disable it, probably is what you want. See
>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg_input_hotplugging for more
>> information.
>

> Thanks for reply, Denis and Paulo!
>
> I was thinking that the old mechanism can be used as well.
>
> The problem why I do not want to use "setxkbmap" was discussed in the
> thread:
>
> http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2009-May/004959.html
> Rogutės wrote: "This is a bug with xkbcomp and it has been reported
> upstream long ago"
>
> Thanks,
> Sergey

You can't use both ways simultaneously. You must choose either
xorg.conf or hotplugging. The wiki explains how you can get the old
behaviour againt, disabling hotplugging. Or you can try to configure
it. I am using it and I think it's great. In fact, I'm not using
xorg.conf anymore and I'm loving it :)