[arch-general] How do we handle sudo or kdesu in Archlinux?

Andrei Thorp garoth at gmail.com
Wed May 13 19:17:18 EDT 2009

I'm very cool with bypassing root-level security checks when
originating from the physical machine.

Anyway, another thing you can do is put some scripts in your path that
override the application that you want to run and then just sudo run
it. I'm not really sure what PATH KDM (and therefore KDE?) uses, but
probably has to do something with either your user's .profile or
root's .profile or bash_profile or something.

Course, isn't there a way to just elevate your user to be a root-like
account if you're going to be doing this anyway? Put your user in the
root group or something.

-AT