[arch-general] Help understanding which interface OpenOffice is using? [Solved]

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed May 13 23:47:17 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 29 April 2009 12:38:37 David Rosenstrauch wrote:

> Try installing kdemod3-gtk-qt-engine.  It makes Gnome/GTK apps use your
> KDE settings.  Its configuration screen gets added into the KDE control
> center under Appearance & Themes -> GTK Styles and Fonts.
>
> If you look at my desktop snapshot, all 3 of those apps (Thunderbird,
> Eclipse, and Firefox) are GTK apps, and yet their UI's are picking up my
> KDE font and color settings.  (Otherwise the windows would show up in a
> grey color.)
>
> HTH,
>
> DR

Ok,

	Finally got around to making openOffice, etc. look decent. The keys were:

1.  Install kdemod3-gtk-qt-engine (if using kdemod3) qtcurve-gtk2 qtcurve-kde3
gtk-chtheme

2.  Select Theme in qtconfig

3.  Set a smaller font size with gtk-chtheme

	Now openOffice looks great!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC