[arch-general] Bugs again

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Thu May 14 07:46:32 EDT 2009

Sorry to bring this again,  but something has to change in the way
bugs are handled in Arch.

I've open this bug report http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13905 about
the awesome package in community.

The package maintainer just closes the bug, not solving it, claiming
it's upstream, and not even investigating the problem. He suggests I
ask upstream.

Ok, I play a good citizen, I do ask upstream, we find the problem, a
sollution is found - it turns out the PKGBUILD was wrong from the
begining - but still I submit a patch to awesome so that building it
is much easier.

I request reopening the bug .. it's a small text-area, not very
usable, so I just write "New information" .. since the bug was closed
with "You may want to ask upstream why they install those files by
default.".

And then I get the answer:
Reason for denial:
You need to be more specific that "New information" in a reopen request...

Now, it's not like I enjoy hanging out in the bug system opening bugs,
investigating them, hoping to improve ArchLinux's packages.. and I
don't see how I could've deserved this behaviour.

The bug report shouldn't have been closed in the first place, since
the problem was not even solved.

--
damjan