[arch-general] Bugs again

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Thu May 14 16:30:14 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 01:01:30PM -0500, David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. wrote:
>> On or about Thursday 14 May 2009 at approximately 10:50:28 Thomas Bächler
>> composed:
>> >
>> > I am always tempted to close nvidia bugs as "upstream", as we can do
>> > nothing about them and there is no public bugtracker I know of. But you
>> > are right, most of the time we should at least track the bugs even if
>> > the are upstream.

Well, sometimes and this time I have to point you Jan (nothing
personal, you are my hero dude), but, why? see this bug for example
[0].. You closed it with the reason "works for me" but you didn't
research a lot, I had this exact problem and I solved it downgrading,
then I found a pach in the forum [1], _I should mention that the forum
is not the bugtracker and the people who wrote there should report the
bug in the bugtracker_ but the maintainer should eventually research
in google about the described error.

I understand perfectly Damjam, IMHO a good project isn't that where
the bugtracker doesn't have opened bugs, a good project IS that where
the developers really care about the bugs, and solutions.

I got tired about how many people handle the bugtracker, in this
project, but the Devs and TUs should be the example, but this time
(and take this constructively) Damjam and not him are right with his
e-mail. I don't wanna say names, but there are Devs who doesn't care
about out-of-date packages, aur comments, e-mails, bug tracker (there
are bugs which the solution is easy, just a rebuild and these bugs
have weeks in the bug tracker! this is a lack of care from the
maintainer!).

I know the Devs have real life, I have one too, and many people have
their lives too, but IMHO this kind of careless events happens when:

1) A person are not doing his job
2) There are too much job and people is needed

I think both are valid reasons here for justify events like the
careless on the bug tracker, etc.

Just my opinion, sorry if I was harsh (this is not the intention), I
realized some days that sincerity can be cruel sometimes.

[0] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/14096?string=gnome-terminal&project=1&search_name=&type[0]=&sev[0]=&pri[0]=&due[0]=&reported[0]=&cat[0]=&status[0]=&percent[0]=&opened=&dev=&closed=&duedatefrom=&duedateto=&changedfrom=&changedto=&openedfrom=&openedto=&closedfrom=&closedto=

[1] http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=69153

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net