[arch-general] Virtualbox Window Transparent?? [solved - sort of]

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri May 15 01:03:55 EDT 2009

On or about Thursday 14 May 2009 at approximately 23:45:49 David C. Rankin,
J.D.,P.E. composed:
> Listmates,
>
> 	Here is one for the experts. I installed virtual box on my Arch laptop,
> and upon starting my XP guest machine, I discover that the VB window is
> almost completely transparent?? This is really strange and I can't explain
> what is happening, so a picture (screenshot) is worth a 1000 words:
>
> http://www.3111skyline.com/download/screenshots/archlinux/vb-transparent2.j
>pg
>
> [139k]
>
> 	As you can see, the Virtualbox window background is almost 100%
> transparent as well as some parts of the applications running in it. This
> can make it quite challenging to get things done. I am using the radeonhd
> driver. I tried it with compiz running and then again with kwin. It made no
> difference.
>
> 	Other than virtualbox being transparent, everything else was OK. Any ideas
> on this one??
>
> cc: radeonhd list

Listmates

	I know what was causing the weird behavior of virtualbox:

kde control center -> window behavior -> translucency

	But that doesn't explain why it was happening. Oh well, I can live without it
while running VB.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC