[arch-general] hal has lost its mind again.

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon May 18 06:05:09 EDT 2009

On or about Sunday 17 May 2009 at approximately 03:51:10 David C. Rankin,
> 	Another interesting note. When I inserted the card, there was no entry
> created in /media. Now 10 minutes later after I have been copying the
> photos, etc., the mount of /dev/mmcblk0p1 has *appeared* mounted on
> /media/disk? Huh?
>
> 	I can't tell you when it appeared, but I can tell you that for at least
> 4-5 minutes. So why the initial error and why the magical appearance after
> the error telling me it wasn't going to be mounted? What to check for more
> info?

Here is the deal,

	When I stick the card in, as my normal user I can't access the device shown
under "Services" "Storage Media" and there is no "disk" entry in /media.

	If I start konqueror running as root and then access "Services" "Storage
Media" and the SD card (/dev/mmcblk0p1 in this case), Presto the device
automatically appears as "disk" under /media and then I *can* access it (rw)
as my normal user. What gives? What permissions are stuck?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC