[arch-general] Koffice help won't work in kde3 - Any suggestions?

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue May 19 03:51:09 EDT 2009

On or about Tuesday 19 May 2009 at approximately 02:42:40 David C. Rankin,
J.D.,P.E. composed:
> Listmates,
>
> 	I installed koffice and attempted to open an openoffice (.odt) document
> and kword crashed immediately. Next I opened kword again to read through
> the help file and any notes, and the help doesn't seem to work either:
>
> http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/koffice.jpg
>
> 	The backtrace for the kword crash is:
>
> http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/kword.kcrash
>
> 	Is there a work-around that will let me get the help file working? It
> looks to be a kde3 desktop/kde4 runtime issue. Any help appreciated.

OOOH,

	This is much worse than I thought. kword will not even open a text file
without crashing. Where does this bug go? Arch, kdemod or kde?. I seems like
it should go to Arch because there is something wildly incompatible between
the koffice build and kde3. Here is the additional kcrash backtract from
trying to open the text file if that will help sort out where the bug should
go. Thanks.

	Also, here is the *contents* of the 1-line txt file kword crashed trying to
open:

	2008-03-08a-MERGED.txt

Yes, that is the total 22 byte contents that crashed kmail. And this is a RC
release???

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC