[arch-general] Subversion server - authentication problem

Paulo Santos paulo.r.santos at sapo.pt
Thu May 21 18:06:01 EDT 2009

Greetings everyone,

I've been trying to create a Subversion repository without success. I
end up always with the same error: 403 Forbidden.

I've followed the wiki [1] doing exactly the same as described there
(except the path and username) and I don't understand. I set the
permissions, checked the ssl paths over and over again, the same with
.svn-policy-file and nothing...

Trying the link in the browser, accept the certificate and pass the
basic authentication and there it is, the 403 page. I don't get prompted
again for authentication so it's the right one.

Using svn -co, the same thing:
svn: Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response to
OPTIONS request for 'https://localhost/svn/repo'

Does anyone have any idea what can be wrong? Maybe some common mistake
or something...

Thanks in advance,
Paulo Santos

[1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Subversion_Setup