[arch-general] DeveloperWiki:Building in a Clean Chroot

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Sat May 23 01:14:58 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-23 at 11:56 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> Baho Utot wrote:
> > I am missing something here ?
> >

> > sudo makechrootpkg -r /home/Build/root -- -u
> > building union chroot
> > ERROR: No unionfs available. Abandon ship!
> >

> > I have aufs2-utils installed and I did a modprobe fuse and modprobe aufs
> >

> You need to patch makechrootpkg with this:
> http://code.phraktured.net/cgit.cgi/devtools/commit/?id=2269e5c9
>
> Allan

$ sudo makechrootpkg -r /home/scrat/Build/root -- -u
building union chroot
ERROR: No aufs available. Abandon ship!

$ cat /proc/filesystems
nodev	sysfs
nodev	rootfs
nodev	bdev
nodev	proc
nodev	binfmt_misc
nodev	debugfs
nodev	securityfs
nodev	sockfs
nodev	pipefs
nodev	anon_inodefs
nodev	tmpfs
nodev	inotifyfs
nodev	devpts
nodev	ramfs
nodev	mqueue
	jfs
nodev	fuse
	fuseblk
nodev	fusectl
nodev	usbfs
	ext2

The modprobe -q aufs did not happen, lsmod did not show it.

modprobe aufs and retrying still fails with no aufs -->

ERROR: No aufs available. Abandon ship!

Using the latest kernel 2.6.29-4