[arch-general] network-plasmoid-svn on extra? (WAS: KDE, Bluetooth and Wifi)

Manne Merak mannemerak at gmail.com
Wed May 27 07:41:35 EDT 2009

Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> On 27/05/2009, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> How about adding this to extra? It seems NM is very popular, and until
>> it is part of kdenetwork we should not force a high percentage of our
>> users to build it from AUR.
>>

> we could, I was waiting a stable version. what others DEV think about this?

Just built from AUR on clean and updated Arch install.  Its not
working.  Wired and wireless connections are seen, but only wired
connections are made.  When trying to connect to open/WPA wireless
connections it just sits there doing nothing - cant see any activity in
the system log (NM activity).
Also it doesnt handle creating a wallet in kwallet when no prior wallet
is already there - this might be a kwallet issue - will have to research
some more.

Manne